The Principle of Office Ergonomics
The number of office workers who suffer from fatigue, numbness or tingling in the arms, hands and wrists has increased dramatically with evolving computer technology. Proper keyboard height, palm supports, mouse location, and feet and knee positioning all play a part in minimizing these injuries. RightAngle Ergonomic Products are designed to help eliminate physical stress by creating a more comfortable and productive work environment for office workers. RightAngle™ Contoured Palm Supports are standard on our keyboard trays. Studies have shown that keeping the wrists in a neutral position may help relieve symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, RSI and other wrist-related injuries.
- For maximum comfort, position keyboard height so arms are relaxed and elbows rest easily at sides.
- Wrists should be in a neutral position.
- Use padded palm supports and a properly positioned mouse pad to minimize wrist and shoulder stress.
- Knees should be elevated slightly above seat pan with feet securely on the floor or on a footrest.
- Whenever body fatigue or stiffness begins from sitting with your body in a “locked” position or from performing a repetitive task, change positions, stand up or stretch.
Download the Office Ergonomic pdf